If you wish to distribute your music, Songtradr offers distribution to all major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and more.
Note: Distribution is included in our Songtradr Pro package. Upgrade Now >
Press play below to watch a quick YouTube tutorial about setting up a Single prior to completing in your dashboard.
- Login to your account
- Click Distribution on the left navigation bar
- Click + New Album
- Type in the Release Title of your Album
- Click Create
1) HOW TO ENTER DETAILS:
- Select Release Title Language
- Select Country of Origin
- If applicable, enter Version e.g. Remastered
- Enter Record Label (this will appear as your album's P-Line)
- Enter C-Line
- If applicable, enter Catalog Number
- Click on the Main Artist field to enter your artist information or select a previously inputted artist from the pop-up window
If there are no prior release artists, click Create New Release Artist
This will bring up a new dialog box where you can:
- Enter your Band Name (or Artist Name) OR your Last and First name, if that is your artist name
- Enter your Spotify URI to ensure the release will go to your correct profile on Spotify
- Enter your Apple Music profile link to ensure the release will go to your correct profile on Apple Music
- (Click here on how to find and add your profile links)
- Click Save Artist when you are done
Note: Please leave this section blank if you do not have existing profiles
Note: Do not enter a URI/link of an artist that is not yourself
- Repeat steps for Contributing Artist(s) or Featured Artist(s) (if applicable)
- Click Save & Continue when you are done
Once the artist is saved, you will be able to add them to your release
NOTE: Only add Contributing and Featured artist on the Details page if they are included on every track on the release
2) HOW TO EDIT YOUR ARTWORK:
- Click Edit Artwork to open up the editor
Use the search bar to populate images from Unsplash where you can choose from real photos from the Unsplash community of photographers
Click Upload your own to choose an image from your device.
Please make sure your image is formatted in square dimensions:
- Minimum size: 3000 x 3000 pixels
- Maximum size: 6000 x 6000 pixels
- Acceptable formats are .png or .jpeg
If you choose to use Unsplash
- Type any query into the Search bar to bring up relevant images (e.g. sunset)
- Select an image
- Click New Text
- Enter your Release Title
- Enter your Artist Name
- Select Font Size, Alignment, Font Color, Background Color, and Line Spacing if you wish
Alternatively, simply click Insert Your Title and/or Insert your Artist Name in the lower lefthand corner and it will automatically populate
Note: All artwork must contain your release title and artist name
Add Text Design (optional)
- Select a Text Design to add creative text designs to your artwork
- Crop your image
Note: All images must be square dimensions to adhere to streaming platform guidelines.
- Adjust your image's Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, etc.
- Add a filter to your artwork
- Add Radial, Mirrored, Linear, or Gaussian focus to your artwork
Save artwork when you are done.
3) COMPLETING SONG DETAILS:
- Click to add a song to your release
Your catalog will open up.
- Click Select on the song you want to distribute
This will bring up the Song Editor window.
From here you can:
- Add a Version Title (i.e. Remix, Instrumental)
- Select Song Title Language
- Add any contributing or featuring artists
- Select Genre
- Select Recording Version
- Enter previously acquired ISRC's (if you don't have one we will assign you one)
- Mark if your track is explicit
- Mark if your track is a cover
- Enter Composers and Record Label/Master Owners of the track
- Click Save when you are done
Repeat process with rest of the songs on your Album
Note: You can adjust the order of the tracks if necessary using the arrows
- Click Next when you are done
4) SELECTING STORES:
- Check all the boxes or select the individual stores you wish to have your music released to for distribution
- Select your Download Pricing
- Select your Territory
- Select whether you want your music to automatically be distributed to any stores added in the future
- Click Save & Next when you are done
Note: You can return to any previous windows by clicking any of the steps in the progress bar e.g. Artwork
5) ORGANIZING YOUR SCHEDULE:
Choose your Delivery Method
- On a Specific Date
- Open Choose Date calendar to select your exact release date
- The default delivery time is 14 days. We deliver releases as scheduled but cannot always guarantee exact dates as each streaming platform's release policies may differ.
- Promote your upcoming release and launch with impact by pre-selling your music on Apple Music, Amazon, and other download platforms.
- Priority Release
- Ensure a rapid release of your music on major platforms within 72 hours.
Note: If your album has been released previously:
- Switch the This Album/EP has been released before toggle to ON (BLUE)
- Enter original release date
- Enter UPC/EAN Code
You're almost there!
- View a Preview of how your release will appear on the major streaming platforms
- View Subscription Plan & Add On to see if your current plan covers the release or if you need to upgrade
- Confirm final validations
- Proceed to payment (if applicable) and Submit!
Congratulations, you have just distributed your release!
Next Step: Let's better understand your Distribution Earnings Reports here.