Switching a current release from another distributor to Songtradr is a fairly straightforward process. It's vital to note, however, if your release has existing song data you wish to retain and transfer across, there are a few crucial steps to follow in order to properly link the tracks during the transfer process.
IMPORTANT! Track linking is not 100% guaranteed as each distributor's release process can differ, but by ensuring accurate matching of all your data during the transfer process, you can optimize your chances of success.
THE TRANSFERRAL PROCESS:
- Upload your release to Songtradr and complete the distribution process.
REMEMBER! Your Songtradr release must reflect the exact same details as the release with your previous distributor for the best chance to retain your song data.
To do so, the following must match exactly:
- Audio format
- Product type i.e. single, EP, album
- Song or album title
- UPC (Universal Product Code) for the EP or album
- ISRC (International Standard Recording Code) for individual tracks
- All other metadata
2. If you wish to release by a specific date, deliver at least 14 business days in advance of the set live date.
3. Wait until both releases are live and check if they have linked by comparing play counts before requesting your previous distributor remove your previous release.
IT IS RECOMMENDED you do not remove your release from your previous distributor until the release from Songtradr is live and has linked with the previous release.
4. If the previous and new releases do not appear to have linked, you can try contacting the relevant distributor's artist support. Make sure you include all information as clearly as possible. Support response can vary but while you wait, keep checking your page to see if there has been any change and if the releases have subsequently linked.
If sufficient time has passed and you have made no progress, as long as your previous release is still live, you can contact Songtradr to request we take down the new release and retry the process on your behalf.
DISTRIBUTiNG A RELEASE WITH SONGTRADR THAT HAS BEEN AMENDED FROM THE PREVIOUS RELEASE:
- you will need a new UPC if the track listing has changed i.e. you have added or removed any tracks
- you will need a new ISRC for any individual track that has changed i.e. you have made a new recording or remix