Learn more about completing Ownership Settings if you are:
You must fill out your Publisher information FIRST before adding any Writers and their information to complete your Ownership Settings.
There are 3 steps to complete.
STEP 1 - Go to Ownership Settings
- Login to your account
- Click Account at the bottom left of the dashboard
- Click Ownership Settings in the left navigation bar
If you are a new user, you will see a pop-up to Update Account Settings about your role.
- Check all the boxes that apply to you
- Click Save
STEP 2 - Fill in your Publisher information
Click Individual (Artist/Writer) or Business (Publisher/Label) to minimize/maximize those fields.
- In this instance, we are adding publisher information, so click the Business (Publisher/Label) field to maximize, then click the Add Business link
- Enter your publishing company name in the Business Name field
- Select Publisher from the Role dropdown
Note: If your browser window is expanded, you will also see Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side for handy reference.
More fields will appear for:
- P.R.O. (Performing Rights Organization): The P.R.O. with which your Publishing company is affiliated (see: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.).
- P.R.O. Member #: This is the internal number assigned to a Publisher by its P.R.O.. It is not the same as the IPI (Interested Parties Information).
- IPI/CAE #: IPI/CAE (Composer, Author, and Publisher) Number. This is an international, unique numerical identifier assigned by P.R.O.s. If you don't know your IPI, login to your P.R.O. account or contact their services department.
- Email Address and Phone Number associated with your Publishing company.
- Click Save
STEP 3 - Add Writer(s) information
You’re now ready to connect writers you represent.
Below the Email Address field, you should be able to see Writers Represented by this Business
- Click Add New Writer
In the pop-up window, you can add:
- Legal Name & Email Address associated with this writer
If this writer is registered with a Performing Rights Organization, select Yes and enter:
- Writer P.R.O.
- IPI/CAE #
- P.R.O. Member #
- Click Add to save
Your new writer information will appear below the publisher details. You can also delete these entries by clicking the red trash icon to the right of each identity.
- Click the pencil icon, next to the trash icon, to edit Writer information
- Click World if you would like to customize the territories for which this Writer is represented
- Click Save Territory
(Territory pop-up window)
- Don’t forget to click Save to confirm your information on the Ownership Settings page.
Congratulations. You have completed your Ownership Settings as a Publisher!
Next Step: Head to our Content Management System Breakdown to learn best practices on how to upload music.