Completing your Ownership Settings correctly is crucial to ensure your music is cleared and discoverable for licensing.
You can fill out Ownership Settings as:
- an individual artist who owns all rights to music you upload
- a label, publisher or manager (proceed with below instructions and be sure to look for asterisked sections which will require your specific attention)
- From your Dashboard, click Account at the bottom left of the page
- Click Ownership Settings
- Check the box which most accurately reflects your role
IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL (ARTIST/WRITER):
- Click directly on Individual (Artist/Writer) to open or close this section.
- Enter Legal Name, check the correct Role(s) and whether you are registered with a PRO
- Enter Artist Name and associated Email Address
- Enter any associated Publisher(s) and/or Record Label(s) by searching for their Songtradr accounts to connect.
Note: Before connecting a Publisher and/or Label to your Songtradr Ownership Settings, please be sure to have an existing account with that business and confirm they have an existing Songtradr account which agree to our terms and conditions.
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS (PUBLISHER/LABEL):
- Click directly on Business (Publisher/Label) to open or close this section
- Enter your Business Name
- Use the Role dropdown to select Publisher, Record Label or Publisher/Record Label
- Add your Email Address and Phone Number (optional)
- Click Add New Artist to add artists you represent and fill in the fields in the pop-up window
If you have multiple artists, follow the same process.
- To add another Publisher or Label, click Add Business and fill in the fields following the same process
- Click Save
Next Steps: Learn how to upload your music >