Completing your Ownership Settings correctly is crucial to ensure your music is cleared and discoverable for licensing.
You can fill out Ownership Settings as:
- an individual artist who owns all rights to music you upload
- a label, publisher or manager (proceed with below instructions and be sure to look for asterisked sections which will require your specific attention)
- From your Dashboard, click Account at the bottom left of the page
- Click Ownership Settings
- Check the box which most accurately reflects your role
IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL (ARTIST/WRITER):
- Click directly on Individual (Artist/Writer) to open or close this section.
- Enter Legal Name, check the correct Role(s) and whether you are registered with a PRO
- Enter Artist Name and associated Email Address
- If you have Publishers and/or Labels that represent you, add their details here
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS (PUBLISHER/LABEL):
- Click directly on Business (Publisher/Label) to open or close this section
- Enter your Business Name
- Use the Role dropdown to select Publisher, Record Label or Publisher/Record Label
- Add your Email Address and Phone Number (optional)
- Click Add New Artist to add artists you represent and fill in the fields in the pop-up window
If you have multiple artists, follow the same process.
- To add another Publisher or Label, click Add Business and fill in the fields following the same process
- Click Save