In this article you will find the following:
- What is a UPC/EAN code and how do I get one?
- Can I provide my own UPC?
- Songtradr UPC and ISRC codes for completed releases.
What is a UPC/EAN code and how do I get one?
A UPC code is a Universal Product Code (i.e. barcode). All releases through Songtradr are provided with free UPC codes.
Can I provide my own UPC?
Yes, if you have previously released your Album/EP or Single and have a UPC you can enter it when prompted.
- At the Schedule stage of the distribution process, switch the 'This Single or Album has been released before' toggle to ON (Blue)
- Select the Original Release Date
- Enter the Original Release UPC or EAN code
- Click Save & Continue
Note: The original release date cannot be in the future of the release date you are selecting for this album.
Can I Provide ISRC Codes for distribution?
Yes, if you already have an ISRC code for your track, simply provide it when prompted.
- At the Songs stage of the distribution process, click the song title to open up the Song Editor
- Enter your ISRC code in the text field
- Click Save
Songtradr UPC and ISRC codes for completed releases
Locating your UPC and ISRC codes through the dashboard is easy. Follow the guide below once you've logged in!
- Click the Distribution tab on the left navigation menu
- Click on your Completed Release
- Here you will find your UPC and ISRCs!
For information on ISWCs, Click Here >