1. ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Once you have signed up, it's time to fill out your Account Settings.
- Click Account from the bottom of your Dashboard.
This will bring you to your Account Settings page where you can customize your profile Image, About Me information, Default Dashboard preference, primary Contact information, Email Addresses and default Copyright Identities.
2. COPYRIGHT IDENTITY
Now onto the all-important Copyright Identity section which is crucial as it contains information which identifies you as the Writer/Publisher/Master Owner.
- Do not add writers you represent in this section!
- Do not attach any writers you represent to your email address.
- The Default Identity associated with the login email should be your Label, Catalog or Manager name e.g. Awesome Music Management. If this was automatically populated when signing up, you can edit it now.
- There can be multiple Publishing Identities associated with your login email e.g. Awesome Music Management manages 3 artists who each have a different Publishers. All Publishers need to be associated correctly with the respective songs, so we will address this below.
How to create Copyright Identities:
On the General Settings page, click Change beside Copyright Identities at the bottom of the page. This will bring up the Default Identity field.
- Click the pencil icon if you need to edit an existing Identity (Edit Party).
- Click the + icon to create new Publisher Identities (Create New Party).
A pop-up window will appear where you can enter the First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Country, Display Name, IPI/CAE number, PRO and Email Address.
Now that you have created your Identities, it’s time to upload music.
3. UPLOADING MUSIC
- Click Upload Music on the left navigation bar.
- Click Select Files to Upload or Drag and Drop Here to upload from your computer.
We recommend only uploading lossless audio files i.e. WAV or AIFF. Click here for more help on what audio file formats Songtradr accepts >
- Once your file has loaded, click the Ownership Template dropdown to choose the ownership type for that song.
- Select I only own the Master 100% if this applies to you
- Select Create Song without any owners if you don’t own the Master 100%
4. COPYRIGHT SETTINGS
- Click My Songs on the left navigation bar
- Click on the song you wish to edit
- Click Copyright Settings on the left navigation bar
To add a writer:
- Type the writer's name in the Writer field and assign their ownership percentage
To add multiple writers:
- Click +Add New in the Writer(s) section to open a new Writer field and add their details
Now that the writers are added, click Add Publisher
To add Publisher(s):
Important note: Do not add identities that aren't yourself or your own publishing company in this section!
- Click YOUR IDENTITIES to select the correct publishing company from the dropdown (These are sourced from the identities you would have created earlier)
To add Master Owner(s):
- Click +Add New
- Enter Name, Email Address, Percentage Owned
5. CONNECTING EVERYTHING UP
Now that all relevant rights-holders have been entered, it's time to connect things up!
- In the Writer(s) section, click the Publisher dropdown and select the correct corresponding Publisher
- Switch the Control toggle to OFF (GRAY)
- Ensure the Publisher's Control toggle is ON (BLUE)
- Click Save Copyright Settings
- Switch the Show these Copyright Settings as a preset on Upload toggle to ON (BLUE)
Repeat these steps, to complete 1 song from each artist at a time.
Remember, for each artist, you can now select the corresponding Copyright Template from the Ownership Template dropdown in the upload window. This will save you a ton of time!
More on how to Upload Music >
More on how to Fill Out the Copyright Settings >