Correctly connecting Songtrust to your Songtradr uploads is a crucial step to ensure your music is cleared and discoverable for licensing.
Please ensure you have an existing Songtrust account before you begin. For more details about Songtrust, click here.
Once you’ve set up your account, and completed your Ownership Settings (without adding Songtrust), the following information will help you correctly connect Songtrust Publishing to your upload ownerships.
Entering Songtrust's Copyright Ownership Into Your Upload
To begin, we’ll apply Songtrust Publishing for your Copyright Ownership within an upload.
Note: If you are unsure about which ownerships and/or percentages to apply, please confirm with Songtrust before sending those ownership approvals.
1. Click My Songs in the left navigation bar to access all of your Songtradr uploads.
2. Locate and click the track that you wish to assign to Songtrust.
3. Click Edit Song Details in the top-right corner.
4. In the Copyright tab, type email@example.com and select Songtrust Publishing from the drop-down menu.
5. To enter the Percentage, select Songtrust Publishing under Copyright Ownership and click Add. Learn more about Songwriter Splits or Percentages.
6. Finally, click Save or Save & Next to continue completing your ownership information.
7. This will send an ownership approval notice to Songtrust to accept and will show as Pending Acceptance. Once accepted, the upload will activate and Songtrust will display as your Copyright co-owner on the Approvals page.
There is nothing more you need to do. Your part of the job is done.
Click here to view Songtrust's help article to connect to Songtradr.