Let's say you come across a licensing opportunity on our Wanted Listings which is asking for an acoustic guitar, mid-tempo track à la Singer/Songwriter, Richard Thompson - Instrumental Only. Awesome! You just happen to have the perfect track...only it contains vocals. Perhaps by the time you have contacted the producer to obtain stem mixes or instrumentals, the deadline for submission passes. This is a disappointing and possibly stressful scenario and one we would like to help you avoid.
Having any additional files uploaded and ready to go is heartily recommended to take advantage of any opportunities which come up. Apart from showing buyers, you take your business seriously by being prepared, you are able to fulfill any such requests without stress.
It's important to know that Buyers often need alternative versions in addition to the full version of a song to fulfill the project's needs and being unprepared could jeopardize a licensing opportunity.
Things to keep in mind:
- Only upload files that are High Resolution i.e. Wav or Aiff
- Buyers often need an Instrumental version in addition to the full version
- Buyers often need 'Cleans' for tracks containing explicit material i.e. a version without explicit material
- Stem mixes or 'Stems' are not usually needed but if you have them, it's a good idea to upload them
Uploading additional files:
- Click Upload Additional Audio Files
To view your connected files, click View Song
- You are now on the Audio Files page in the Song Edit Center (which can be accessed anytime by going to My Songs and clicking the song itself)
From here you can:
- Select an alternative Audio File
- Change File Type
- Edit your Description
- Change which file becomes Primary (file that will show up on the public view of your track)
- Preview each audio file (which is great to double-check your files!)
- Click Save Audio Files when you're done editing
- Clicking Public View is a great way to see what information will be displayed to the public. From here you can EDIT, add to a +PLAYLIST, view your song icon (default is the Songtradr icon), view current stats, pricing offered and Included Audio Files.