We're here to help

    What information do I need to provide if I'm a songwriter?


    Songtradr recommends that all writers affiliate with a P.R.O. so that they can collect performance royalties. This will allow you to provide us with your IPI/CAE number (international identification number for you as a writer, issued to you by your P.R.O. upon sign-up) so that we can associate this number with your works.


    Please note: you do not need to have a publisher or a P.R.O. to be a Songtradr user.


    You will need to provide: 

    • Your full legal name as was provided to your affiliated performing rights organization.
    • Your performing rights organization affiliation
    • Your percentage of ownership in the copyright (writer's share)
    • Your co-writers and their performing rights organization affiliations
    • Your co-writers percentage of ownership in the copyright (writer's share)
    • Any publishing details including publisher, publishing entity name, affiliation and percentage of ownership in the copyright (publisher's share)


    Click here to learn what a Performance Rights Organization (P.R.O.) is and what they do. 


    Next Steps: Learn how to use Songtradr's Ownership Settings >

    Was this article helpful?
    6 out of 9 found this helpful