Many music fans want to be able to tangibly support the musicians they love, and when they buy music or merchandise, especially through third party providers, only a portion of that money actually ends up in artists’ hands.
One way Songtradr helps to solve this is providing the capabilities for artists to further monetize their careers through simply connecting songs to their Public Profile Page, highlighting a featured track, and start receiving support from fans. Anyone can tip any amount from $1.00 upwards.
Fans can now feel more connected to the artists they love and leave a direct note for them when they tip. They can also share that they’ve tipped on their social networks and encourage friends to do the same.
In addition, Songtradr’s profile page technology allows artists to get more actively involved with the promotion of their own music by featuring their best songs and images along with the ability to share across any social media platform.
If you're a Songtradr Pro user, you keep 100% of tipping proceeds minus any transaction costs.
Note: Tip amount minus any Credit Card or PayPal costs (i.e. Credit/Debit Card fees $0.30 per transaction + 2.9%)
If you're a Songtradr Free user, you keep 75% of tipping proceeds minus any transaction costs.
Here's how a Public Profile Page looks. Learn more about Public Profile Pages here>
You will find the Follow and Tip buttons on the right hand side of the Header Image.
- Click Follow to keep up to date on any user
- Click Tip to contribute an amount to any user. Amounts can be anything from $1.00 upwards and payable via Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or your Songtradr balance.
A pop-up window will appear indicating you have completed your transaction.
- Leave a personal note and click Send
- or click Skip to finish
- If you decided to send a personal message to the user, a pop-up window will appear where you can instantly Share to social media. You will also receive an email notification of your contribution.
How to disable Tipping:
- Login to your account
- Click View/Edit My Profile on your dashboard or My Profile from the drop-down on your profile icon
- Click All Settings
- In the pop-window, click the Settings tab
- Switch TIPPING ENABLED to OFF (It should be GREY)
- Click Close
The Tipping button will no longer be visible on your profile page